Here's an update on the latest news and information from West London branch of CAMRA for March 2018. Updates made since the beginning of the month are marked [NEW].
- The branch meeting for March is on Tuesday 13th March at the Star Tavern (upstairs), 6 Belgrave Mews West, SW1.
- On 6 March, is the Union Tavern's Meet The Brewer evening.
- [NEW]: The branch meeting for April is on Monday 16th April at 7pm for 7.30 at Sir John Balcombe, 21 Balcombe Street, Marylebone, NW1 6HE.
- [NEW]: The branch AGM (annual general meeting) will be held at the Defector's Weld (upstairs), 170 Uxbridge Road, Shepherds Bush, W12 8AA.
Other CAMRA events
- The White Horse on Parsons Green is having its Over The Hop Beer Festival on 15th to 18th March, with 40+ hop forward beers. Their Facebook page has more information.
- Hippo Inns are holding 'Hopfest' during March across their eleven pubs including four in the West London area - The Lillie Langtry (19 Lillie Rd, SW6), The Colton Arms (187 Greyhound Rd, W14), The Blue Anchor (13 Lower Mall, W6) and The Eagle (250 Ladbroke Grove, W10). A range of beers from London and further afield will be on offer during the festival, with a special price of £3.80 on Mondays and Tuesdays (£4.30 on other days).
- Voting for the branch pub of the year has now closed. Thanks to all those who voted. We'll be announcing the winners and making presentations to the winning pubs soon.
- The Swan in Bayswater reopens on Friday 2nd March, following a refurbishment.
- The Old Ship and Blue Anchor by the river in Hammersmith have both reopened after refurbishments.
- The Imperial in Kings Road has reopened as the Imperial Arms.
- The Victoria, Paddington is being refurbished and due to reopen on 26th March.
- [NEW]: The Old Suffolk Punch in Hammersmith announced it is to reopen on 20th March. It is to be run by West Berkshire Brewery.
- Hammersmith & Fulham Council formally adopted their Local Plan on 28th February including a new pub protection policy.
National CAMRA news
- [NEW]: CAMRA members should not forget to vote to have their say about the future of CAMRA with the proposed Revitalisation Project changes, and to vote for your preferred candidates for the National Executive. Votes must be received by midnight on 18th April. You should have received a booklet about the proposals and a voting form with your copy of What's Brewing, and you should have also received an email from CAMRA HQ with a link to vote online (if you provided an email address to CAMRA when you joined or subsequently).
For the latest news check out our Facebook and Twitter pages! Also for news from CAMRA across London see London Drinker, and the London CAMRA Facebook page.