Here's an update on the latest news and information from West London branch of CAMRA for October 2018. Further news can be found in the October/November edition of London Drinker.
- The October branch meeting is at the Walmer Castle (upstairs) at 58 Ledbury Road, W11 2AJ on Tuesday 16th October. We'll be meeting from 7pm for a 7.30pm start to the meeting.
- We're going on a survey crawl of the W2 area on Wednesday 24th October. Starting at the Leinster Arms, 17 Leinster Terrace, W2 3EU. Meeting from 7pm for a 7.30pm start to the crawl.
- We're joining the Union Tavern for their regular Meet The Brewer event on Tuesday 6th November. Please book with the pub.
- The November branch meeting is at the Star Tavern (upstairs) at 6 Belgrave Mews West, SW1X 8HT on Tuesday 13th November. We'll be meeting from 7pm for a 7.30pm start to the meeting.
- We're going on a survey crawl of the W1 area on Wednesday 14th November. Starting at the Argyll Arms, 18 Argyll Street, W1F 7TP. Meeting from 7pm for a 7.30pm start to the crawl.
- We're going on a survey crawl of the SW6 and W6 areas on Tuesday 27th November. Starting at the Durell Arms, 704 Fulham Road, SW6 5SB. Meeting from 7pm for a 7.30pm start to the crawl.
Other CAMRA events
- CAMRA's London Pubs Group will be having their next crawl of historic pubs on Saturday 20th October. See the London Pubs Group website for details.
- The Bolton, Earls Court has various events planned: Oktoberfest 2018 - Thursday 4th until Sunday 7th of October. 5 German beers on draught and about eight more by the bottle, German/Bavarian food; Bocktoberfest 2018- Thursday 18th until Sunday the 21st of October - with a very broad range of Dutch Bockbeers, draught and bottled, Dutch food, music and entertainment; Halloween 2018: Friday 26th October - Halloween party.
Branch and regional CAMRA news
- The October/November issue of London Drinker is out in pubs across London and online with all the latest news about pubs, CAMRA and beer related events.
National CAMRA news
- Good Beer Guide 2019 is now available.
- The lease of the Speaker, Westminster has been bought back by owners Bermondsey Pub Company (Ei Group). It will close from Friday 5th October for a refurbishment lasting at least six weeks.
- The Queen Adelaide is closed for refurbishment and is due to reopen on 10th October.
- The Richmond Arms, Orchardon Street, NW8 has been reported as having recently been closed and boarded up.
- It has been reported in the press that the Walmer Castle, Notting Hill, W11 has been acquired by footballer David Beckham and film director Guy Ritchie.
- The Cheshire Cheese, Little Essex Street, Temple (along with the Savoy Tap, as previously reported) has been acquired by Shepherd Neame and is planned to be refurbished.
- The Blackbird, 209 Earls Court Road is closed for refurbishment and is due to reopen 16 October 2018.
- The Dover Castle, 43 Weymouth Mews is due to reopen in October 2018 by Bloomsbury Leisure Group as the Jackalope, with 20 beer lines.
- The Mad Bishop and Bear at Paddington Station recently reopened following its refurbishment.
Please note that our contact form is currently unavailable, please use the contact details published in London Drinker if you wish to contact the branch in the meantime.