Here's an update on the latest news and information from West London branch of CAMRA for July 2018. Further news can be found in the June/July edition of London Drinker.
- West London branch will be joining the Union Tavern, 45 Woodfield Road, W9 for their Meet The Brewer event (brewery to be confirmed) on Tuesday 10 July at 7pm. Book with pub.
- Sambrook's event at the Central Bar (Wetherspoons), West 12 Centre, Shepherds Bush Green (south), W12 8PH on 16 July at 7.30pm.
- The July branch meeting is at the Star Tavern (upstairs), 6 Belgrave Mews West on Tuesday 24 July. We'll be meeting from 7pm for a 7.30pm start to the meeting.
- West London branch will be joining the Union Tavern, 45 Woodfield Road, W9 for their Meet The Brewer event (brewery to be confirmed) on Tuesday 7 August at 7pm. Book with pub.
Other CAMRA events
- The Great British Beer Festival 2018 will be held at Olympia in West Kensington on 7 to 11 August. Advanced tickets and full details are now available from the GBBF website.
- CAMRA's London Pubs Group will be having their next crawl of historic pubs on 22nd August in Bow. See the London Pubs Group website for details.
- Ealing Beer Festival is on 11 to 14 July. With almost 400 real ales from all over the country, including up to 15 in wooden barrels (with the assistance of the Society for Preservation of Beer from the Wood (SPBW)), an extensive range of cider and perries, a foreign beer bar, a wine and mead selection plus soft drinks there should be something for everybody!
Branch and regional CAMRA news
- The June/July issue of London Drinker is out in pubs across London and online with all the latest news about pubs, CAMRA and beer related events.
- The White Swan, lower Pimlico, SW1 has reopened after a refurbishment.
- The Royal Oak, Marylebone has reopened under new ownership. An article regarding this is in the Morning Advertiser at https://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/Article/2018/06/12/Duck-Waffle-chef-Dan-Doherty-opens-pub.
- The Metropolitan, Westbourne Park reopened on 15th June under new ownership.
- The George and Dragon, Fitzrovia has temporarily closed for structural work on the building.